The three men featured on this page have served and currently serve their country in the Army and Air Force. God bless them and our military
Our Second Amendment rights and freedoms are due to them.
Marc and Helen Sabin are the owners of AFI and the principal instructors.
The History of Academy Firearms Instruction!
Marc and Helen Sabin, both NRA certified instructors, started Academy Firearms Instruction in the fall of 2007. They wanted to share their knowledge of guns, their love of the Constitution and the rights inherent in it. Strong Second Amendment supporters, they teach others to use firearms safely, confidently, and competently.
**NEW for 2015 and 2016** Defensive Handgun One and Two!
Its here! The NEW AFI Defensive Handgun Course designed for real life, practical, home and personal defense. Many of you asked for this course and we responded.
We have the best of the best to teach you! They have designed a course specifically for YOUR life situations! Our Instructors are elite, combat trained, and from the military’s finest. They will teach you proven techniques and skills for life threatening events that might happen in your life and how to respond to them. They currently use these skills to keep themselves safe!
Part one will be taught in a “grand opening” class Saturday November 22 from 9:30-3:00. Part two will be in February 14, 2016 9:30-5:00 P.M. You must sign up and take both classes!
After March 2016, the normal tuition for the two part class will be $470. The grand opening special price is $195.00 for BOTH parts of the class. Save $255.00!! But you must sign up by October 30 to get the grand opening pricing. Call Helen 719-375 8791 for further details!
The first part will present basic self protection skills and gun handling techniques and the second part builds on those skills and presents the advanced knowledge and skills you must know to help protect your family, your home and your self.
Here are just some of the possible life scenarios this class will cover:
1. You are home invaded and your spouse or child is grabbed by the invader who points a gun at his or her head. What do you do?
2. Or you are walking downtown on your way to a restaurant with your wife and kids and a man walks up and points a gun at you demanding your money? What do you do?
3. You are out hiking/hunting/sightseeing and a gang of homeless men surround you. How do you respond?
4. You live alone and are home invaded. What must you do to defeat these evil criminals? This class will teach you!
The defensive handgun is for Singles ages 18 and up, Couples, Families, Partners, and Physically Able Seniors in good health (can walk on uneven ground, not using a cane or in a wheelchair – a physical disability class is coming).
Can seniors do this course? YES! Two 71 year olds, a 69 year old and a 50 year old were among the “beta testers” for the course. They did it and so can you.
If YOU are the protection provider –no matter your age - whether male or female – this class is for you.
All participants MUST be in “good health.” Check with your health care provider as to your health. You will be put under stress, have to react in timed situations, and make shoot/no shoot decisions. Your heartbeat may rise as high as 150.
You MUST have the following equipment to take the class. Helen can help you choose and shop for the right ones for you if you desire this service:
1. A BELT and an in-the-waist band or outside the waistband retention holster.
2. Your own eyes and ears.
3. Your own gun and 200+ rounds for your own gun – the one you use for concealed carry.
4. Lunch, 4 bottles of water, coat and hat, scarf and gloves if cold – you will NOT be wearing gloves while shooting.
For further information and to sign up, call Helen 719 375 8791 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org This class is for advanced beginners to experienced shooters only. Beginner Defensive shooters can sign up for Basic Defensive Handgun Dec. 5, 2015 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Call Helen for more details and information - 719 375 8791.
___________________________________________ How does our concealed carry permit training save lives? One of our students was in a store that was robbed recently by an armed thug. Due to our training and learning about situational awareness, she knew what to do to protect herself and a clerk whose life she saved. She is working with law enforcement and will be an expert witness if the armed thug is ever caught. She protected herself and a third party with our training.
GUNS FOR SALE: Like Glocks? Tech 9's? Call Helen 719 375 8791.
Earl Hickman of Hickman Rifles http://hickmanrifles.com Tia Juana St. 719 633 4680, has a great gun - a Smith and Wesson Compact 22, that is superb for personal concealed carry, for home defense, for target practice and for value! Don't wait....get one to protect yourself and your loved ones now. Only $389 out the door.
JOIN THE PIKES PEAK FIREARMS ASSOCIATION! The PPFC is a firearms political action group based in Colorado Springs. It promotes gun education, scholarships for children and provides a political platform for candidates who support the second amendment. It is only $25.00 a year to join. Meet and work with others who want to fight for our gun rights! Sign up at http://ppfc.org
JOIN THE NRA! Helen is an authorized recruiter! Save $10. and sign up today! Call 719 375 8791.
Marc and Helen Sabin have taught at the NRA Air Gun Range at the NRA Annual Conventions! Come learn from them!
The NRA gave Coloradoans over $350,000 to help win the John Morse Recall! Support them with your memberships and donations as they supported us in our effort to get rid of an anti-gunner in the state legislature!
Learn to shoot a Rifle - lying prone, kneeling, or standing!
Our early pioneers shot rifles like these - learn how!
Take an AFI Rifle Course today!
In memory of Former Special Agent Jack Gregory who passed away in January. He was the Special Agent in charge of the law enforcement end of the Southern District of the United States Forest Service. Jack (in Green) is pictured with his brother, Willy. Jack was a very unique person! We will miss him! RIP Wild Man Jack.
These six students all achieved the NRA handgun qualification! Look at the sharp shooting they did! WOO HOO! You can do so also! Plus have fun! Call today to get in the next handgun class! 719 375 8791
Welcome to Academy Firearms Instruction.net
Academy Firearms Instruction (AFI) is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains. Offering training since 2007, AFI specializes in small classes and individualized instruction.
Below are the classes we offer currently! Click on the "list of classes" tab above for further details and pricing.
1. The El Paso County Concealed Carry Permit 2. The NRA Basic Handgun (Learn to Shoot and Gun Safety Class) 3. The AFI Defensive Handgun Class (for Intermediate and Advanced shooters) NEW for 2015-2016! 4. The AFI "COMBO" Class** (our best value!) basic handgun and concealed carry in one! Get TWO certifications! 5. The AFI Learn to Shoot an AR-15, Shotgun, or Rifle Classes 6. Ladies Only - Concealed Carry Skills using a Handgun, Purse, In or outside the waistband holsters, and Bra Holster.
Why are we the BEST training in the Springs? Ten Reasons and more!
1. Because we are the best of the best! ALL of our instructors are experienced instructors, are NRA certified and have achieved the NRA Distinguished Expert Pistol Certification - the highest rating possible for shooting. 2. Our master instructors are patient and caring. We even have a female instructor who will show women the best way to handle and carry a concealed gun. This is real life experience speaking. She has been there and is doing that!
3. All of our instructors teach with the latest and best in our teaching methods. We offer INDIVIDUALIZED INSTRUCTION and a willingness to work with YOU and meet YOUR needs.
4. We teach gun safety and shooting skills with a "HANDS-ON" approach that is unique, innovative, and the best way to learn! From the first moment of class, you handle all kinds of guns and develop muscle memory. This training will make you confident, competent, and capable with a firearm. We don't bore you with lectures or lots of talk. 5. We are the ONLY training group in the Springs who takes a maximum of 6 persons per class not 12-40 per class as we want you to learn! You are NOT a number to us but someone we value and would love to teach.
6. We support the Second Amendment and the rights embodied in it. We engage politically when it comes to protecting our rights and believe in the Constitution as the basis for law in our country. We respect the American flag and the freedoms and culture it represents. We belong to groups such as the Pikes Peak Firearms Association, the NRA, the USCCA, and the Second Amendment Foundation that fight for our freedoms!
7. We show and explain the science behind what you learn. In addition, we don't rush you. An instructor will work with you until you "get it." AFI students rate the instructors as A+ due to the quality of instruction, the small classes offered, and the personalized attention they receive. 8. Our classes are affordable! You get value and superb training for your shooting dollar!
9. We also offer a variety of classes that are proven, useful, practical, and real world. The techniques we teach are proven, tested and dependable. We also do private training. We will work with you on an hourly basis and make you an Annie Oakley or Buffalo Bill quality shooter!
10. If our classes are full, we are worth waiting for! Classes range from four to sixteen hours in length and are usually held on the weekends so you don't lose time from work. Yes.... we can do weekday classes. Call and let us know YOUR needs. OTHER REASONS TO TAKE A CLASS WITH AFI: If you have a gun you want to use and don't know how...we teach you. We also check to make sure the gun is right for the purpose. If it isn't we help you place it for sale at a local gun shop. Then we find the "right gun" for you. We go gun shop with you if you want. No other organization in the Springs does this! It is a service we offer our "shooting family." We don't "drop" you after class. You become part of our shooting friends and family group. When weather permits, we do FUN DAY SHOOTS, at the Hamen Burn area at no extra cost to you. At Hamen, you will be invited to spend all day shooting, practicing, and developing your shooting skills while meeting other "gunners" and having a a fun and relaxing day in the beautiful Colorado mountains. IF TIME AND SCHEDULE PERMIT, Occasionally an instructor will send an email TO YOU SAYING... "Let's go shooting." You all meet at a local gun range and spend a few hours developing your shooting skills while having someone there to help you if needed. Please keep your email up to date with us so we can stay in touch. ************************************************************************************************* WILL YOU BE CHARGED WITH MURDER IF YOU DEFEND YOURSELF WITH A GUN? A Louisville man has been arrested on a murder charge after he chased down and fatally shot a man who had broken into his house.The shooting was reported at 12:23 a.m. on Saturday, in the 5300 block of Halsey Court in Louisville, near Iroquois Park.
DOn't let this happen to you! If this man had known the Colorado state laws, he would not now be in jail for murder! Learn the laws and save yourself from jail or a civil suit! NO - don't listen to myths from others such as the ones who tell you just "shoot them" and drag them back into the house. You will end up in jail and face a one hundred thousand dollar cost or more to defend yourself.
Learn the LAWS OF PROTECTING YOUR HOME WITH A FIREARM! Sign up for a class NOW! Our next concealed carry class is September 13, 1:15-6 p.m. Call Helen at 719 375 8791 to sign up! Or EMAIL email@example.com to sign up or to have questions answered.
Can't make a class right now? Get a gift certificate for the future. The gift of self defense is priceless!
Anyone can learn to shoot! Call us and let us teach you gun safety and competency with a firearm!
This young female shooter qualified for all certifications and is deadly with an AR!! So can you! Sign up today for a Rifle Class with AFI!
Why Take Classes with AFI?
You will learn from well trained and experienced instructors who believe in the United States Constitution, the Second Amendment, Guns, our wonderful military, defending ourselves, and that our inalienable right come from God - not the government. We also support our police and sheriffs and first responders! AFI offers individualized instruction with small classes. Sometimes we teach as few as one person. A patient, caring, female instructor teaches women and children ages 10 years and up if desired.
AFI instructors are competent and careful with students. They all have a great sense of humor and make learning fun! Become an expert with your firearm of choice - handgun, rifle, shotgun under their teaching!We work with you until you are confident, competent, and capable with your firearm!
Can you shoot this well?
Bulls eyes on first try! This young lady was a beginner until she took classes with AFI. Now she shoots bulls eyes regularly! Don't mess with her!
This couple below decided to "shoot together!" Ladies, consider if your home was invaded and your husband shot.....who will defend you? All early pioneer women knew how to shoot - do you?
These ladies learned to shoot and were hitting bulls eyes on the first day. They also had a good time! Join them and take a class!
We elect politicians who do NOT support the Constitution even though they swear to do so - including our current president!
In 2016, choose someone who has a proven track record of supporting the Constitution and our Second Amendment rights!
Let's get rid of those who want to trample on our freedoms!
Even the bible refers to self defense: "...Blessed be theLord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle." Psalm 144:1
"...Do not separate text from historical background. If you do, you will have perverted and subverted the Constitution, which can only end in a distorted, bastardized form of illegitimate government." -James Madison
Another couple who will defend each other and feel confident in doing so! Plus they will have fun together shooting!!